RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 15:12:35 -0500
Laurie,
do you know what blood-group he has?
regarding loosing weight, apparently some lectins can attach to cells
that
make them 'fat storers', and some special sugars have the ability to
'strip
off' these lectins from the cells. (This information is from the
dadamo
website).
The sugars are:
mannose or n-acetylglucosamine : these should be more effective
fucose
  sugars that combine with lectins that set cells to convert sugar to
fat
and store it.
Lynton
Here follows an excerpt from an email I received recently:
"Please be aware that the red meat is only recommended for "O" Type
Blood
(and B also, I believe) we're not saying it should be for all those
with
high cholesterol.

I've always fed my "O" husband pan-fried steaks - he has a heart
condition,
mostly an electrical problem (wolfe-parkinson white syndrome)- and the
only
time he ever felt bad or gained weight was when we tried to cut back
on
meat. I don't trust doctors very much so we kept an eye on his weight,
blood
pressure and cholesterol, he never has had any problems and we eat red
meat
2x a day now. His cholesterol has always been normal. This diet has
been the
best thing for us, as it got rid of his 24/7 headaches and A LOT of
problems
for me(I'm also "O" and now eat lots of red meat - yuch! Don't like it
but
it likes me.)

However, for his "A" mother, she's always had health problems with
cholesterol over 200, on her "A" diet her cholesterol went up about 10
points after six months, but she could tell this diet was for her so
she
stuck with it and really cut out the red meat (not just cut down) and
her
cholesterol is now 154."