RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 17:09:08 -0700
> Ellie wrote:
> >IMO people who eat raw food (cleansing diets)are having more detox crises in
> >the nervous system than others and therefore exhibit more
> >symtpoms of emotional illness while they are detoxing. Emotions are
> >stored as endogenous substances in the neruons of the limbic system.
> >Symptoms of emotional illness are detox crises. Eventually those symptoms
> >should subside. People who eat cooked food are eating substances that are
> >originally stimiulating and subsequently sedating (see Shelton on this).
> >These people are suppressing the detox process and hence the symptoms.
> >Most of us have been taught to suppress emotions as children, which
> >causes toxicosis in neurons, and the nervous system will spend its
> >lifetime periodically trying to release these emotions.
> Deborah wrote:
> If your compelling hypothesis is true, then wouldn't we find those
> following raw diets for the longest periods of time to be the most
> limbically detoxified, and therefore the most emotionally healthy?  I
> personally have not found that to be true in my encounters...

I think Burger (?) defined health as the capacity to throw off toxins,
and it would be the same for the toxins in the nervous system, but
it could take a lifetime. So that symptoms of detox in the n. s. would
continue for a long time. But you are right that these people should be
healthier and have fewer symptoms eventually.  People on SAD are also
detoxing, especially if they are in therapy for the release of emotions.
Some of those you observe who have eaten long term raw food, may be less
emotionally healthy than others on SAD who are in therapy. So it is hard
to make any judgement about who is healthier, whether SAD or raw-food or
for how long. Unfortunately the release of emotions is often through the
wrong neurons so to speak. If someone has suppressed anger as a child
that should have been directed at an abusive parent, the anger will come
out later toward someone else, a wife for example. or toward the self.
This would hardly be considered as emotionally healthy and this is what
may be the case with those you observe on long term raw food. What would
benefit many on raw food diets who are emotionally ill as well, is the
kind of therapy that would help them detox emotions through the right
neurons. By right neurons, I mean they would direct their anger at the
original abuser, not necessarily in person but in some kind of therapy,
such as primal, I think the Hoffman Q.Process (?) and ACOA.  Unless
people learn to direct anger in a healthy way toward the abusers, the
neurons will remain clogged up and the body will periodically attempt to
detox, and hence their symptoms will continue, regardless of what kind of
food they eat.

My best,

Ellie