RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 01:26:47 -0500 (CDT)
>>Aajonus believes that parasites of any kind are completely harmless
>>and that Zephyr's problem's were due to contamination from toxins
>>instead.

Deborah:
>Hi Peter,
>Do you agree?  Zephyr's blood was tested for heavy metals and
>organophosphates and nothing was found.

No, I do not. Zephyr clearly had a bad case of trichinosis, and it is
quite obvious to me that people, especially if they have compromised
immune systems, can quite easily succumb to parasitic infestations. But
I am open to the idea that a diet high in raw fats could possibly heal
any condition caused by parasites, and I would advice anybody to try
out such a diet before resorting to allopathic medicine.

Aajonus basically subscribes to the beneficial microbe theory. He
believes that parasites unfairly have gotten a bad rap and that they
are only able to cause mild detox reactions such as diarrhea in their
host. Further implications he sees as being circumstantial. To defend
his position he makes two points:

- In the last twenty years or so he has been recommending RAF to
hundreds of clients who have not encountered any problems with
parasites.

- Many native cultures around the world have traditions of eating raw,
fermented RAF's that are so advanced that they often are rotting &
crawling with parasites. He mentions the Turks who would dig their RAF
into the ground and only retrieve it when it was so advanced it was
green. I believe Bruno Comby has similar tales.

If I felt as comfortable about eating RAF as I do about parasites, I
would be eating several pounds of it a day. :-) My latest plan of
attack is to buy a food processor and start making RAF pates. I will
report back on how it goes.

Best, Peter