RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 23:20:02 -0400
I'm trying to explain to my husband why eating fried foods is bad for
him,
but I'm not having much luck. Intuitively I know that it's not good.
Can
anyone here explain the reasons clearly, other than the argument about
enzymes in live food. For example, he has been making smoothies in the
morning, which is great, but he's afraid that eating a raw egg
everyday
will give him mucous. I told him no way, but that eating french fries
every day WILL give him mucous. and he asks why? how? and I was
stumped to
explain it clearly. I told him I'd get back to him on that. Anyone
here
venture to respond to such a question? He does put Udo and flax oil in
his
smoothies, and I've explained to him that his addiction to fried foods
may
be a need for oil, which he gets. but I think there's more to it than
that.

Lucia