RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 09:52:57 -0700
this is the latest material received from Morris Krok. It is a copy of a
letter to a Naturopath in Canada (I deleted the person's name to protect
privacy).

You will see below that Morris gives a contact address for his daughter.
It appears that the address I have supplied is wrong (outdated - old).
I apologize for the error, and for any inconvenience caused thereby.

Again, the material below is written by Morris, and not by me. I think
you will find it to be very interesting!

Regards,
Tom Billings

====================begin material by Morris Krok=============

                                        Morris Krok
                                        Box 1129
                                        Wandsbeck
                                        3631
                                        South Africa

                                        18th October 1997

recipient
name and
address deleted
CANADA

                Dear (name deleted),

                                It is amazing that your letter reached me because I have been away
from
 that address for over 30 years. I am also suprised that a copy of Conquest
 of Disease was available from your library as I only produced 1000 copies
 in 1961. I was only thirty years old when I wrote it.
        My view now almost thirty eight years later is that one can be very healthy
 without trying to live only on fruit. For short periods it is wonderfully
 providing one drinks a lot of water in between, and starts the programme by
 clearing the colon first. To try and live only on fruit in the cold of a
 Canadian winter is absurd. Too much of a good thing is bad and this applies
 to food as well, including fruit. Instead of aiming to live only on fruit
 one should be very happy if we can live on raw foods which contain nuts and
 sprouted grains.
        Let us analyse fruit. Fruit is basically sweet water, it has very little
 fat or more concentrated food material, which digests very quickly and is
 also utilized by the body very rapidly especially in cold climates and high
 altitudes. Therefore if we attempt to live only only fruit we become too
 food conscious, and if we add high sugar foods such as dates and raisins to
 complement it, the body has to handle a lot of sugary substances which can
 cause an imbalance. Many who have tried to live on fruit found that they
 had trouble with their teeth and were very cold in the winter months. It is
 wrong to blame city pollution or that the fruit is not organically grown
 for any problem that eating only fruit may cause. Some said that they lost
 all interest in sex and that their wounds did not heal easily until they
 added greens and spouts to the diet. When one does not drink water in
 between all the fruit eating, fruit can become too sickly to the taste and
 not so pleasurable.
        What we must understand that all food substances has to be processed by the
 body and requires enzymes and other glandular secretions to alkalinize or
 convert the sugars and acids in the fruit to usuable substances. The
 Mucusless Diet Healing System is a wonderful book and what he says about
 mucous forming foods is correct, but his book fails to include the benefits
 of drinking plain water or missing meals altogether in order to give the
 intelligence all the opportunity and non-interference so that it can do its
 job more efficiently. In a sense more nonsense is spoken about nutrition
 and health, that is apart from religion, than anything else.
        I am pleased that you have made contact with Hindu and yoga philosophy. My
 research into this science reveals that they went beyond the diet question
 by introducing the six shatkarmas - that is cleansing all the main
 apertures of the body on a daily basis, often more than once a day, to
 ensure that they start the day right or end it right. In this regard I
 republished a most wonderful book by Theos Bernard "Heaven Lies Within Us"
 with a new title "Yoga Gave Me Superior Health", in this book he shows how
 he overcame a serious health problems by following their teachings, and he
 did not live only on fruit or raw food for that matter, but he did eat
 sparingly and he also daily internally purified himself, did the asanas,
 breathing practices and stood on his head for long periods. Using him as an
 example it proves that food can do so much and no more - for higher health
 we have to add exercise, fresh air, sunshine, rest and pure water.
        Theos Bernard's book plus a number of other books which I have written over
 the years are available from my daughter in California.
        Susan Krok
        4068 Park Blvd,
        Palo Alto
        Ca 94306
        USA.

        If you are on the internet and have e-mail facilities, contact Tom Billings
 e-mail,  [log in to unmask] for many files of information which I have
 put freely on the web.

        As a conclusion I would like to say that the health world is in disarray,
 there are too many beliefs, theories, medicines, supplements to sort out.
 What they are all trying to say is that we cannot be healthy unless we are
 vaccinated, immunized, use antibiotics, or use all the new things that is
 found in health shops from vitamins, biochemic salts, homoeopathic
 remedies, and all the latest hormones. What they are implying is that the
 simple, intelligent, logical, and powerful code known by the ancients who
 spent a lifetime meditating and concentrating their attention on one single
 aspect such as how does the body functions and what are its essential
 needs, is wrong and out of date. It also means that you cannot live a long
 and productive life unless you take something that is produced in a
 laboratory. Those who propagate this philosophy forget about those who
 throughout man's history were long lived without taking one of these
 substances. They are also telling us that health cannot be normalized
 unless we give our symptoms or combination of symptoms a name, but if they
 observed carefully enough, they should realize that if we live long enough
 in an incorrect manner eventually every part of the body will be affected.
 What suitable name can these ignorant magicians conjure up? Is it aids,
 baids, snaids or cxascades.
        Yoga and nature cure have proved that non-nutritive methods such as missing
 meals, resting, stretching every joint and muscle in the body, deep
 breathing, and moderate sun-bathing is the best way to energize the body
 and transform the mind. Can any food or supplement perform the same
 function or have the same tonic effect of sunshine. Try as they like life,
 vitality, sunshined and good sense cannot be trapped in a bottle or
 package.
        Yoga and nature cure may be regarded as life's secret keys but as every
 secret has a simple principle, we can say its ultimate message is that the
 body must be assisted, sometimes by non-interference, to eliminate
 everything that it cannot use or what is hindering the finer workings of
 the body. Nature cure is merely a redicovery or substantiation what the
 yogis found out over three thousand years ago.
        My children are in their early forties or thirties. They were never given
 medicine or vaccinated as a vegetarian diet and simple missing meals and
 short fasts were all that they needed.

                        With regards,

                        Morris Krok

Morris Krock

Essence of Health is the Essence of Life

P.O.Box 1129
Wandsbeck
3631
South Africa