RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 13:11:46
 Peter wrote:

>Al, welcome to raw-food. Are you saying that those dentists who use
>acupuncture rarely or never need to use anesthetics?

Thanks for the welcome. I apologize, if my reply was a bit sarcastic.
I should know better than to hit the "Send" button so early in the
morning. %}.  I was reacting to the "vast number of people" part of the
statement.  I doubt whether a vast number of people have tried it, and
if they have, whether reliable data is available on the results.  I think
acupuncture comes from China and is very ancient in origin. I believe
that ones attitude about acupuncture may have a lot to do with whether or
not it works for you.  My dentist uses needles, but they have anesthetic
in them.  He sometimes has to try 3 or 4 times to locate the right spot.
I suspect an acupuncturist has to be very good to find the right location
as well.  My experience with it was not for anesthesia but to correct a
foot problem. (It worked)

>On the contrary I would like to educate him. Can you point me to some
>sources of information on the use of acupuncture in dentistry that
>might be enlightening for my dentist to read?

Any large bookstore will have many books on the subject of acupuncture,
but you have to be trained as a licensed acupuncturist to practice,
 I believe. I feel there is a lot more to acupuncture than sticking
needles in someones body and that western medicine, etc., tends to be
somewhat superficial in its approach to health.

Aloha

Al (on the Big Island)