RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Sheppard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 10:32:34 +1000
At 12:43 PM 27/11/97 -0500, Lisa Ziemann wrote:
>Why eat cooked at all?
My main reason for having a cooked meal in the evening is that it's much
easier to feed my family that way and fit in with what they would like to
eat. But breakfasts and lunches have gradually evolved into 'get your own'
affairs over time, so it's easy to make my own decisions about what I would
like to eat at those times, and let everyone else do the same.

While I feel that I am setting a (hopefully good) example with my food
choices (and to a small extent it has influenced the food habits of other
members of my family), I don't believe that I necessarily have all the
answers, and don't wish to impose my ideas on others too much.

>It's great to salivate over apples in season, bananas
>& grapefruits.  And my favorite part of the day is when I get to eat a whole
>cantalope.

Yes!

>As far as fasting is concerned,
I have never tried deliberate fasting, and don't particularly see the point
in depriving my body of food when it is asking to be fed. But I guess many
people have experienced a lot of benefit from fasting.

>The second thing is that I am shocked by colors.  The colors all around me
>are brighter.  It almost feels like an acid trip.  Does anyone know whats
>going on here?

I haven't noticed anything in relation to colours, but I do find that I
have become more attuned to the delights of various smells, particularly
those relating to foods. I can smell some food cooking, for instance, at a
time when I am not feeling at all hungry, and I simply enjoy the smell for
its own sake without any desire to fill my stomach (a bit like finding
delight in a flower's perfume without wanting to eat the flower). This
feels quite liberating.

>My body is slowly and naturally becoming more posotively instinctive.
>I think it is very important to be patient with yourself and try not to go
>too extreme too fast.  Starting the day with fruit may be a good start. So
>often people freak out when they can't stick to the "diet".  Why not make
>your own rules?

Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

Regards,
Barbara