RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loren Lockman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:07:33 EDT
Tom,

I understand your skepticism.  It's hard to believe anything that's so
far
out of your own realm of experience.

I know many people who similarly have reduced their daily caloric
needs to
very limited amounts.

I have one friend who after 5 years on a strictly raw vegan diet, now
eats
one small meal every 4 or 5 days.  She appears to be perfectly
healthy, has
abundant energy, and show no signs of any problems.  She has been
eating
this
way (or not eating, this way) for over a year.

This probably will be impossible for you to believe, but it's
absolutely
true.

You need not believe anything I, or anyone else, says.  Your own
experience
is the key.  If you continue to eat larger quantities of food, your
metabolism will stay high to burn it, and you'll continue to need
larger
quantities of food.

In every one of dozens of animal studies done, animals that are
"undernourished" live up to twice as long as the "normally" fed
animals.

Our beliefs are creative things, and control our reality.  You may
want to
ask yourself whether you are limiting yourself by the beliefs you have
chosen
to embrace.

Namaste,

Loren