RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gerry Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 13:12:55 EST
In a message dated 11/14/98 9:59:34 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Carol wonders:

 How many of you folks out there eat raw egg white?  My personal
 take on eggs is that only the yolk should really be eaten, raw
 or cooked.  I say this because my limited understanding is that
 the white is more like skin and feather conditioner for the
 growing chick, not nourishment in the same way as the yolk.
 Any comments?

Carol:

The white is also concentrated protein. Very difficult for the body to
metabolize, and the single biggest cause of premature aging and chronic
disease.

Ironically, people trying to escape the choleserol in egg yolks consume "egg
beaters" thinking they are making a wise choice and it is more detrimental
than the yolk.

FWIW:
gerry