RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 22:15:01 -0700
For the record,I posted publically on Nov 12 , 96:

>>In "defense" of the NFL guys, they are much easier to take in person.
>>Melisa and I met them at an "Earth Fair" here in southern CA. They are
>>truly excited about what they have stumbled on and that excitement is
>>infectous in person (though pretty much lost on us). They further claim
>>that the "in your face" writing approach is in response to the same
>>approach which worked on them and got them into the raw-vegan route. (I
>>probably shouldn't speak for them as they are quite capable of posting
>>themselves--if we haven't scared the bejezus out of em already :)<<

Looks like they didn't have much bejesus in there at all, eh?

Normally I wouldn't share private email, but below is what I could scrounge
up in the way of private email with the fellas. There was a very short
private email (which I can't find; maybe the fellas would be so kind as to
post it) where I said that they didn't get what veg-raw was all about. I
later repeated same in a public post. The idea that I'm bombing these guys
with harsh private email is simply not true. If anything, looking back on
this email makes me ashamed that I was so nicey-nicey with them when I
thought their book was bad news...

If nothing else, it is proof that they are able to sign an email individually.

Cheers,
Kirt

>Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 13:19:13 -0800
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: [log in to unmask] (Nature's First Law)
>Subject: Hello

>Hello Kirt & Melisa,
>Great to hear from you.

>>(we gave you some cassia)

>What a coincidence!  Yesterday, I was looking through my bags of seeds and
>I saw the cassia seeds and thought of you two.

>>Should I send the readings to your PO Box?

>Yes.  Nature's First Law, PO Box 900202, SD, CA 92190
>We don't eat only fruit -- Raw plant foods of many types.

>>Good luck with your book and do let us know when you'll be on Oprah,
>>eh?

>It looks like sometime in early 1997.  We're also talking with the
>producers of "Maury Povich" and "Politically Incorrect."  We also recently
>met newsperson Sam Donaldson and talked to him about raw-foodism (He has
>our book now).  You just never know who's going to be into this!

>>Again, welcome to veg-raw.

>Thanks.  From all the personal Veg-Raw e-mails we've received in just one
>day...It's going to be interesting!  One guy even wants an analysis of our
>stool samples!
>More later,

>Stephen
>NFL