RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:50:45 -0700
Arjen:
I am also not going to waste my time on providing references for you,
since that will take some time and you will ignore what it has to say
anyway when it opposes your views.

Jo:
If you take the time to provide references for the claims you
introduce, I'm sure at least one person will appreciate it (me).

Arjen:
For your information though: I finished my MS degree in evolutionary
biology with marks that exceeded the minimum requirements for Cum
laude, so I am well informed about the principles of evolution.

Jo:
Most likely list members would have gathered as much based on the
information and the way you present your arguments.

I would highly recommend that you avoid plugging yourself in this
forum because it reeks of the type of self-hype used by a minority
few who have marred the credibility of the raw vegan community. It
can lessen your credibility, too. You may send your thanks to the
"pioneering" efforts of Nature's First Law. Have you heard of them?
If not, forget I ever mentioned their name. ;)

Arjen:
And have you ever noticed that paleontology and anthropology are
sciences that are barely able to come up with hard facts and that a
lot of scientist start speculating instead of presenting facts (like
Beyond Veg, although I wouldn't consider them scientists anyway)?

Jo:
If you're referring to the contributors of the BV site, I'd have to
disagree. You may not agree with everything offered there, but it is
extensive, sincere and totally barren of marketing hype. Its mandate
is to critique the science behind raw veganism and make it accessible
to anyone who is not experiencing the results promised by diet gurus.
That's quite an undertaking and a highly appreciated service,
scientists or not.

Arjen:
I have always admitted to speculating, but that doesn't mean that I
can't defend my arguments logically, even when some people refuse to
admit that.

Jo:
Please speculate at will, and if you have references, by all means
share them if you have the time and inclination. And you will have
all the opportunity to defend your arguments.

Cheers,
Jo