RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:32:12 -0400
Carol,

>> First of all, I understand that it is only
>> through muscle action that lymph fluid gets circulated; that alone
>> is reason enough to get moving.

Right, and ideally if you can get moving for 10 or 15 minutes a few
times a day it is good. Since my work is mostly sit-at-desk it doesn't
happen as a matter of course.

>> Second, if being 100% raw or close
>> to it has you getting spacey, that might be due to your being too
>> alkaline, and exercise will help balance that out with the lactic
>> acid produced by muscle action.

I am eating about two good non-veggie proteins daily (some raw, some
lightly cooked), so I doubt that I'll have this problem too much.

>> So I think it's just a question of how much is too much. Personally,
>> I cringe when I see people covered in sweat and drinking those horrid
>> "sport drinks" (and I see lots of 'em!). I believe that someone who
>> exercises more than just their leg and finger muscles on a regular
>> basis and who eats a variety of fresh, raw, organic foods (and not
>> too much else) is probably way ahead of the sweat monsters and gym
>> addicts, healthwise.

Sweating is a good way to clear out toxins though.

Paul