RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 17:08:12 -0700
Kirt:
>No stomach? Was this mentioned in his book? I would think this would give
>him specialized nutritional problems (which he seems to have solved) but
>makes him a poor case from which to generalize.

Tom:
I looked quickly in his book, but due to the discontinuous narrative
style - his story interspersed with that of his son and various clients,
I could not find any mention of it. (It might be mentioned there, it's
just that I didn't find it). During his talk, he said his stomach
was removed surgically because of the cancer he had.

Kirt:
>Where are these thousands of people he has advised? Given the relatively
>few rawists around, thousands of "cures" would make more than a
>ripple--more like a splash--in the community.

>Any lurkers out there Aajonus' clients? There must be one at least. Given
>Aajonus' eyebrow-lifting "explanations" it would be nice to see what some
>of his "followers" experience in their own words at this point.

Tom:
Agreed. The raw community is fairly small; thousands of cures would be noticed.
Your post reminds me that I need to add a comment at the end of the newsletter
article, reminding people to be a bit skeptical, as the stories Aajonus tells
sound too good to be true. As we know from raw veganism, and other aspects of
life: if it sounds too good to be true, it often isn't true (exaggeration
or being oversold).

While on the subject, I would say that Aajonus is very persuasive, and sells
himself well - much better than most raw vegan advocates. However, I felt a
bit uneasy after his talk, as I wondered how much exaggeration there might
have been, or how reliable his numbers are. Still, he does appear to have
some real success in helping people find healing on RAF diets. This is
interesting as it provides a counterexample to the "Health only comes from
healthful living" line that some raw vegans repeat with religious fervor.

Regards,
Tom Billings