RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 09:51:25 -0700
Ren,

Yes, I used to have them regularly, now only occasionally.  I had had
lucid
dreams since I was a kid, but the first OBE happened when I was about
30.  I
was in the middle of a lucid dream when I suddenly had the idea to
leave my
body, and it just happened.  I got very excited and started reading
lots of
books about it so I could have the experience more often.  I was never
able
to just lie down and have one at will, but if I woke up in the morning
and
then drifted back to sort of a half-sleep state, it would happen very
easily.  Eventually I lost interest in them.  It was just the same old
me,
but on a different plane.

I still welcome them when they come, as an interesting diversion, but
I no
longer seek them out.  Now I am much more interested in awakening from
the
dream of everyday life.  This is something which cannot be
successfully
"attained," because it is our real nature.  It is a matter of
understanding
that we are not who we think we are.   We are the witness of all that
occurs, and our bodyminds (as well as our "astral" bodyminds) are
merely an
appearance within that witness, or Consciousness.   Understanding this
is
the ultimate healing or Liberation, because you no longer have to
concern
yourself with "doing" this or that.  It is all just "happening," and
You are
merely along the the ride.

Mark