RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 15:55:36 -0800
Lynton Blair wrote:
> Thank you for that - I had for a while been wondering if the problem with
> fats and cholesterol was perhaps due mainly to the difference between raw
> and cooked fats.  While I don't have a clue about my c~ levels, I do find
> certain cuts of beef fats rather beneficial. (Still eating rather
> conservatively of fats as yet - what sorts of quantities do people eat, and
> of exactly which bits of fats?)

I'm increasing fats like olive oil, flax seeds, and marrow, but don't
measure quantities. I try to eat them as long as they taste good.

Has anyone had success with relief from sciatica on a raw food diet? I
have thickened discs in my lower spine and bouts of sciatica from time to
time. I've been hearing that glucosamine and chondroiten sulfate have
helped rebuild cartilage and relieved symptoms of arthritis. Any opinions
whether these nutrients would help sciatica?

My best, Ellie