RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marjolein Hoekstra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:23:30 +0200
Paul Reynolds said:
> Just a few other items. For yeast-overgrowth I would also recommend high
> quality acidophilus products like Natren Healthy Trinity, which really
> helped me. Whatever percentage of raw food you are or will be eating, also
> be sure that you are avoiding the common dietary hazards like refined
> sugars, heated vegetable oils, and synthetics like aspartame. If you are
> constipated herbal cleansing may help also.

Thanks for the extensive suggestions.

I'm already taking Natren Trenev Trio. Apart from this I take a huge
load of
vitamins and minerals to make up for diagnosed deficiencies until my
body is
capable of properly extracting them from the food I take (which it
currently
obviously doesn't). I have to say that compared to a year ago I
already feel
much better. It's just that I thought eating raw food would be the
ideal
solution for me, and apparently it doesn't work out that way.
I guess I'll take it slowly and don't combine to many different kinds
of
foods into one dish, so as to find out which foods cause the problems.
I'll
let you know how I get on.

I hardly have any addiction left (I quit cow milk products, TV soaps,
coffee, French fries) except sugar. I try to stay away from it, and
sometimes succeed for 6 months in a row. Then for some reason or
another, I
just can't resist (like today, when in the middle of the night we
heard
someone broke into my husband's office). I know I should be stronger,
and
still reason doesn't always win. I'm not depressed or anything.
There's
always another chance tomorrow.

Next week I'm going to see my doctor and ask him about colon
cleansing.

Marjolein