RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 05:45:34 -0700
- Thanks for information on toxins in fruits. I am mulling over a theroy
about the addiction to 'sugar' often suspected in fruitarians.

I think I have some good news about sugar which is also related to the
attraction to fruitarianism. Aajonus Vonderplanitz in We Want To Live
(Carnelian Bay Castle Press, to order call 1-800-BOOKLOG ), advocates
both large amounts of raw fat and raw unheated (uncooked does not mean
unheated) honey. Aajonus had remission from cancer in 238 out of 239
cases usually within three months with high raw fat diets. I was very
impressed. But I am also interested in the sugar part. He finds large
amounts of honey heal the pancreas and diabetes disappears. From my
studies of the nervous system, I am convinced that the desire for 'sugar'
(as in fruits) is partly a craving for stimulants (all toxins are
stimulants), which is what refined and altered sugar molecules are, and
also a needed desire for natural sugar to replace the stored up 'mutant'
sugars, to borrow  Aajonus' term. Food addicts and fruitarians may be
addicted to the mutant sugars and other toxic stimulants in fruits, not
natural sugar. Of course it is hard to find fruits that are natural and
not candified, and fruitatians are likely to be deficient in other
nutrients, so this does not mean I can merrily eat any fruits I find in
the supermarket. I had severe pancreatitis years ago and was hypoglycemic
which many believe is the beginning of diabetes. Many times in the past
year I gave myself home glucose tolerence tests with Chemstrips and my
results if analyzed by a lab would clearly say I was now diabetic, and no
longer hypoglycemic. I was a 'sugar' addict for years, but since 1993
have been eating lots of fruit and honey along with raw animal foods.
Late onset diabetes is not caused by sugar, but by other toxic factors. I
believe the hyperglycemia I found on my home tests was due to natural
sugar in the blood replacing the old mutant sugars. I usually experienced
leg cramps (detox symptoms) about two hours after I ate a lot of honey
when my glucose levels were high. In 1995 my triglycerides were 134, and
this year were as low as 25, clearly no diabetes with me. Recently I had
a glycosylated hemoglobin test, a measure of control of glucose
metabolism--a test that is usually high in diabetes--and my level was
normal. So it looks like my pancreas is healing and this is more evidence
that honey works and the hyperglycemia is not an indication of diabetes
or other pancreatic disfunction, but is part of the healing process.

Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Ellie