RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 00:56:19 EDT
Rene,
	Thanks for the sermon and the many "fruitful" points you brought
up.  For myself, I peaked out in my detoxification after about 6 months
of raw foods, largely fruit, then slowly devolved on that diet.  My body
can no longer handle such large quantities of fruit sugar, and I find
that I do better when also using raw veggies, nuts, seeds, and grains.  I
always soak the nuts,seeds, and grain to remove enzyme inhibiors, and
sometimes sprout the seeds.

Doug,
	I agree with most of what you said, but I would like to learn
more about your thoughts on exercise.  What should I read to educate
myself about the life-shortening effects of exercise?  Most of what we
read is contrary to that idea.  While exercise does use up life energy,
it also seems to make the body's organs and hormonal systems operate with
greater efficiency.  There is probably some sort of U-shaped curve
involved, where no exercise and maximal exercise are detrimental, but a
certain amount (how much?) is optimal.

bdsarts,
	I think with broccoli the florets are the seeds, with lettuce I
dunno.  You've done exposed my weak underbelly.  I'm no kind of farmer
(but learning a little by helping out on my CSA farm).