RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:59:17 -0400
On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Jean-Louis Tu wrote:

> Has anybody here been able to stop hair loss with an adequate diet? I
> am asking this because I have lost hair in the corners of my forehead
> (male pattern baldness). It's still not very visible but I wondered if
> there was some way to stop the process. I have read that hair loss
> could be caused by some B-vitamins and zinc deficiency, so I have been
> taking a vitamin B complex and a zinc supplement for three months now,
> but apparently this didn't help: I am currently losing over 50
> hairs/day (perhaps 70?).

my husband has been able to stop hair loss, and even promoted some
fine
hair growth when we went on a detox cleansing program a few years back
that included 6 glasses of green juice everyday (4 oz juice diluted
with
8-12 oz water). We were also taking alot of supplements at the time
but I
don't know which ones may have contributed to the hair growth. I do
believe the green juice did.

Lucia