RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ben Odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:16:29 -0500
>Thought I'd share a recent success story.  I have a teenage patient who
>had a severe bad reaction to a vaccination (Hep-B) last winter.  She had
>horrible hives intermittently ever since.  They would itch so badly that
>she couldn't sleep nights.

Hello Roberta:

Just curious; were these hives her only symptom, or did she experience some
of the other common symptoms such as sudden joint pain, muscle pain, and
fatigue?

>I believe that if she didn't have herbs and
>acupuncture, the special diet alone would have "fixed" the condition,
>but much more slowly.

Perhaps this is the situation I find myself in.  Nutrition (mostly raw
foods) and some mild physical activity (yoga, stretching, some exercise,
meditation) are the only things I'm doin to help the healing along.  I
continue to look for a good tcm / herbalist to help me out, but haven't
found an understanding/skilled practitioner yet.  All I've found so far is
people who are more interested in home businesses/pushing MLM herbs, who
lack genuine experience/interest in body work (massage, tcm).

>This whole thing made me think of you, Ben; hope you're doing well.

Thanks for thinking of me Roberta.  I'm doing alright, but of course not as
well as I'd like.  True, I really feel like I've come a long way since being
bedridden a year ago, but now I feel as though I really need to branch out
from solely using nutrition as a means of healling.  In general, I've
reached a plateau of sorts with the raw foods.  Although I know it will
really be the biggest factor in the long run, I know that I need to explore
other ways of helping the healing along.  Among the areas I wish to explore
are massage therapy, herbal therapy, and acupuncture.

Thanks again for your kindness Roberta.  Best of luck in treating your
patients.  If you have any specific herbal recommendations, or advice on
tcm, as always I would be most glad to hear them.

Best Regards,

Ben