RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:08:20 -1000
>If you could, I would appreciate it if someone would list their favorite
>calcium rich foods, I believe my son ( and myself) are deficient in calcium.

Seafood, especially fishbones.

Melisa has been enjoying some canned salmon/sardines/mackeral lately. The
cheaper stuff has lots of bones. Yummy. I ate several ounces and found no
digestive upsets. Indeed, the raw seafood rush/feelng of well-being was
evident in somewhat lessor form.

Unless, we get some untoward symptoms, I would imagine that we will succomb
to the great convienence and economy of the cheaper canned "pink salmon".
It is from wild salmon (Alaska)...can't beat it from Costco for a couple
bucks for two big cans. Can be eaten right out of the can. Still will enjoy
raw seafood, but as we have found with meat, perhaps it doesn't have to be
all raw to be "effective".

I would be interested in any reports from anyone who eats simple canned
fish, and of any source of no-added-salt canned fish...

Cheers,
Kirt