RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 20:05:05 -0500
>... Can we put a bit of keifer in the milk to turn the milk into keifer?

No, not without bringing the milk to a boil for a few minutes to inactivate
the enzymes which break down the gel, and cool to a careful temp. control of
110-115 degrees ( which requires a good dairy thermometer which floats which
you don't have enough milk to accomplish --and constant surveillance---
unless this set-up has been done to the point of your being knowledgeable
and comfortable with the variables ) and any contamination from your milk or
utensils can produce unpleasant off flavors.

>.... Would we have to leave it at room temp for
>this to work? [yes]Could we add a bit of commercial yogurt and make raw
yogurt? [See above]
>Should we flush it down the toilet? [No] Should we compost it? [yes, real
deep] Should we search out a calf and give it back?[yes. before it spoils]
Should we use it to fertilize our fig trees? [yes]
>Should we keep it and test it at various stages of putrification? [if your
911 number dials automatically]

Now, Kirt, I know you were just jesting, but, my dear, I am in deadly earnest!!

Pat