RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Stankiewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 18:50:59 -0400
This is a late reply, because I have not been able to keep up with my email.
Pardon!

At 02:19 PM 6/16/1998 EDT, you wrote:

><<  When I said get to I meant people in my particular Community, students
>practicing the Way of the Heart.  Some among them tried to "get to" a
>fruitarian diet, testing out the theory by some experts that a fruitarian diet
>was the most sattvic and purfiying. >>
>
>Well, if they themselves are trying to "get to" a fruitarian diet, I guess
>that's their business. I'm not familiar with Way of The Heart. But, from what
>you are saying here, you are a member of this group also. Accordingly,  I
>would assume that you too think that fruitarianism is the superior diet? And
>so I guess in your role of Nutritionist you are helping them to get to
>fruitarianism?

I'm no longer part of that WAY.  I really, myself, don't know if
fruitarianism is superior to other forms.  What seems reasonable to me is
that since we have the capacity to digest meat that there is nothing wrong
with that.  As long as one does not overeat.

There are a few more "psychophysical" considerations here, but most will not
relate to it so I will not discuss it.

>I can only say that if I were the nutrirtionist for those people, I would see
>it as my professional responsibility to put their real health needs first,
>before any ideas that they might have about this diet or that diet being
>"pure" or whatever.
>
>If they had a doctor among them, who helped them "figure out" how to go with
>less and less sleep every day, trying to get to the point of not having to
>sleep at all, I would say the same thing. I would have to say that the doctor
>was not being responsible about caring for their health.

Well, they do have doctors in the community, some who have been in the
community for more than 10 years (as well as wholistic healers of all
types).  There is much consideration and people's needs are being met.

>I had written:
> >If you do in fact have such preconceived opinions about what types of diets
> >are best for all people, then I think it is your professional responsibility
> >as someone who is calling himself a nutritionist to let your clients know
> >about your opinions before they become your clients. Otherwise, you are
>being
> >dishonest about your agenda.
>
>You wrote:
> >Please read the above and wait for my answer before forming further opinions
> >of me.  I would appreciate that.
>
>I don't have any opinions of you yet, just this one discussion. But I guess
>I'm not clear how you see your role as a nutritionist. Maybe you are only a
>nutritionist for your community, and if everyone there is trying to get to the
>same fruitarian or vegan diet, then they understand that that's what you're
>"helping" them to do. But, I'm not sure then what it is that you are offering
>people that they don't have for themselves anyway. I guess I don't understand
>how you see your role as a health practitioner.

Well....I'm trying to find that out myself, especially since I am not part
of that Community anymore.
I'd actually love to be able to communicate with plants directly and invoke
their help, in each
person's individual case.  I don't really want to be a technician (which is
what most Nutritionists
and Herbalists really are; they know all about the uses of certain plants
but can't directly determine'
which plant is most beneficial for which patient intuitively).

>I had said:
> >Again, this is a generalization, which, like any other generalization about
> >diet, is only sometimes true, for some people, some of the time. Many people
> >have no problem whatsoever changing to a 100% raw diet overnite.
>

> I had said (or yelled):
><< Not everyone can handle ANY one diet. Fruit is not superior in any way to
>ANY other food.>>
>
> You had replied:
><< Liza, I sense you are YELLING.  And based on preconceived notions about
>what I have stated.  It is always good to verify our opinions of others before
>we say too much.>>
>
>Well, I wasn't yelling before (I was talking loud) but I might start soon.
>;-))

Ok, but why talk so loud? What are you trying to communicate?

>I'm thinking maybe you are being a little evasive and polite, and maybe not
>fessing up here. I can only assume, if you belong to a community that is
>trying to get to the point where they can live on all fruit, or fruit and
>vegetables, that you, as part of that community, and as their "nutritionist,"
>thinks that way too. ;-)

Well, not so.  And even if I were part of that Community, I still understand
that there are conditions (health, work climate, and so on).

><< Well, from my studies, what you call life force is also likely called
>VITALITY, and prana.  Prana in fact has many grades. ......  Also, the pine
>tree processes prana from the Sun and gives off what it can't use ...... and
>why people are told ...... to stand under or near a pine tree to get
>revitalized or healed. >>
>
>Thans for this description. I really enjoyed this - very interesting.
>Especially the part about pine trees. I will have to experiment for myself,
>and see if I feel some deepness, or connectedness, or some other sense of
>vitality, by being under pine trees. Very neat stuff.
>
>BTW - were you yelling when you said "VITALITY?"

No.  Of course not.  By the way, a book you'll find of great interest (if
you're into finding out the structure of things) is Thinking and Destiny, by
Harold W. Percival, found at http://www.word-foundation.com, and you can
read the whole first chapter there.  Sure has made things more clear for me!

love, js

>Love, Liza
>
>[log in to unmask] (Liza May)

John Stankiewicz, Nutritionist. Obscure health related info:
http://www.micronauts.com