RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
joel strickland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 10:16:23 -0700
i've heard #4 given as a reason before.  i've heard that strict
vegetarians
from india have problems with pernicious anemia (from lack of b12) in
the
west because of the greater sanitation of the food.

gandhi had to go on goat's milk because of anemia.

supplementing for b12 is imperative for vegans.  contrary to
alternative
opinion, tempeh and sea vegetables do not have b12, just bioinactive
analogues that pass for b12 in tests.

(supplemented) nutritional yeast is a good source for b12.