RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 16:44:56 -0700
>Nieft / Secola said in reply to Roy:
>>... that I'm am still overloaded with cooked egg molecules and not
>really  opened up yet to raw eggs. This has been called being "blocked"
>for eggs.This, in juxtaposition with the idea that a raw thing helps to detox the
>same cooked thing, is a paradox to me.

Yeah, me too in a way. The thing is that we just don't know what's going
on. Why doesn't my body get on with detoxing old eggs? I don't know, and if
I try using some "unblocking tricks" I am not sure that I wouldn't be wrong
to do so.

For example, I heard of a women in France who was all-raw but could never
get near durian, which is seen as an important food for
detoxing/rebuilding. Eventually, she ate some slightly cooked durian (160
for a few minute or something like that), which tasted OK to her, or at
least edible which had not been the case with raw durian. After this she
could eat raw durian with pleasure and was soon raving about it like most
other instinctos.

Now, is that story paradoxical enough for you!?! No one knows the whys and
wherefors, but we are always making up theories to cover the experiences.

> I have even hung RAF from thread and fishing line in hotel rooms
>from coat hangers So Kirt, did any of these hotels ever invite you back?  I've
>personally never hung  RAF, as you can imagine, but don't some of
>the juices drip out?

No. Sometimes mackerel or salmon is fatty enough to "sweat" a little oil,
but for the most part RAFs will crust over (dry on the outside layer) and
it is not a grusome thing at all. Neither does it smell as strongly as most
people expect it to. When I see fresh meats and  fish in display cases at
supermarkets, stewing in their own "drippings", I cringe. That is the worst
way to store fresh RAF. The moisture is a playground for bacteria. Indeed,
when I get such RAF I will wrap it breifly in paper toweling to soak away
those tainted juices. In contrast, when I buy fish whole and fillet it
myself there is no need to use paper toweling in such a way.

Cheers,
Kirt (who's never been kicked out of a hotel yet--OK, OK so Motel 6 doesn't
have very high standards...;)