RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 04:22:30 -0800
Patrick I. Lecky wrote:

> Yes, everything I've read, says that to avoid diabetic complications,
> it's best to keep blood sugar levels in the normal range, from
> 80-120 mg/dl. The best control is around 100.

These sound like fasting levels? I can't believe a non-diabetic
would eat a lot of honey, and not have glucose rise over 80-120? Have
any of you non-diabetics tried this?

There is another kind of diabetes that many of us have without knowing
it. It's called pituitary or adrenal diabetes and has it's origin in the
brain. When the hypothalamus is clogged up (a toxicosis which happens
from continually suppressing negative emotions) there is a periodic over
and underexcitation of the pituitary and adrenal gland. During
detoxification crises there is excess release of growth hormone and
adrenal cortical hormones, which increase blood sugar and causes the
pancreas to release insulin. This can cause a hypoglycemic reaction
after eating sugar. Excess or refined sugar can trigger a detoxification
crisis in the brain and result in hypoglycemia. The symptoms of
tremulousness, etc, that people blame on low sugar are not caused by the
low blood sugar, but are excitatory symptoms due to hyperactivity of the
sympathetic nervous system during the detox. This kind of diabetes is
curable with therapy and self-help measures to release and redirect
negative emotions. For a number of years, in my case, my fasting glucose
was around 120 and I had a severe hypoglycemic reaction after eating
sugar. Now my fasting glucose is 80, and I have no hypoglycemic reaction
after eating sugar, even though I still have a damgaged pancreas, from
pancreatitis I had years ago, which makes my blood sugar rise to over
200 if I eat a lot of honey on an empty stomach.

My best, Ellie