RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 12:33:32 -1000
Ellie:
>This is based on information in his book and that I have received from
>him personally and which is validated in the established mechanisms of
>physiology.

I have trouble finding a single idea in the book that is validated "in
the
established mechanisms of physiology" and find scores of ideas that
are
pretty much preposterous. But again, it is his burden of proof (and
yours)
because he is making the claims, explaining the so-called mechanisms
and
"theories" which he has made up.

>If his work were published in a peer reviewed medical
>journal it doesn't sound like you would accept it any more readily,

You bet I would. All he would need is some sort of defined
methodology, eh?
I would accept it after researchers could repeat his supposed results.
All
his thousands of cures...:/

>since you don't accept my toxic mind theory which is also published in a
>peer reviewed medical journal.

And you think I don't accept it because I find your blindsided support
of
Aajonus, and instincto in general, lamentable?

>You previously judged it as too simple,
>without studying the evidence in my paper, and with no neuroscience
>backgound to make such a judgement.

I don't remember this, but can imagine saying it when you make
grandious
claims that go way beyond the simplicity of the theory.

Why did you ask me to preview your work if my opinion is worthless?

>Why do you ask for evidence for
>Aajonus' work when you are not interested in exploring it. You would
>need to study physiology and learn something about how the body works in
>order to fairly judge Aajonus' work.

Oh, Ellie, this is laughable. Where would I study his theory about
mutations for different colored plant foods? Or that the cure for
depression is spiking one's blood sugar fresh fruit juice with added
honey?
Or the hocus-pocus about some people switching their blood types? Or
eating
a little cooked starch to free up gluten for people who can't get it
from
any other source? Or everyone's favorite: that environmental toxins in
raw
fat go straight through the body and cannot cause any harm? On and on
it
goes.

You might demand that Aajonus bone up on physiology. ;)

>As Schopenhauer said, "All truth passes through
>three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
>Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Oh come on, Ellie, you don't need to hide behind this sort of
rhetoric, do
you?

>I am uncomfortable with the suggestion that I 'make up' something. It's
>insulting, suggests dishonesty on my part, sounds like anger misdirected
>at me, and suggests your need for more recovery.

Yeah, I need "more recovery" and then Aajonus and you and instinctos
would
be free to makes overboard claims without such a pesky repressed
fellow
like me calling you on it. But since you are completely recovered
there can
be no question that it is _my_ limitation which is the problem. The
evidence does indeed mount. ;)

>If Instinctive eaters
>died, it is less likely from the bacteria, etc, than from underlying
>toxicosis.

That would be comforting if it were more than a rationalization.

>Pedaphilia acting out is a sex addiction, obsession with food
>a food addiction---these fade away when one recovers from the basic
>addicition of codependency.

Maybe you should be Burger's therapist.

>I am aware that Berger's wife and others
>died from cancer even though Instinctive eaters, and that Berger is
>jailed for an addiction. If the toxicosis in the brain (caused by the
>underlying addiction of codependecny) is not cleared out, the nervous
>system cannot daily detoxify the periphery and prevent cancer.

Yes, this is what I mean about counter-examples. Here we have the
"father"
of instincto with his neurosis relatively untouched (probably deepened
with
further rationalization) after decades of instincto. What did you have
in
mind when you said "the evidence mounts"?

>This is
>why I am offering a means for recovery from the basic addiction of
>codependency. Probably the whole human race is (or was) codependent.
>(see Melody Beattee's statistics) I am also aware that my article is
>confrontational and those in denial often misdirect anger at me. I hope
>you will check out the symptoms of codependency and see if you are
>perphaps in denial.

I _am_ in denial. Are you?

>>Also since I did the
>>emotional detox to clear out my brain and nervous system as described in
>>my article, The Biology of Emotions, (based on my scientific article
>>below) my sympathetic nervous system can do its daily job of detoxing
>>and I seldom get sick. Ellie

All sorts of people seldom get sick, Ellie. In fact, it is your
apparent
belief that you are completely detoxed that really makes me question
your
level of self-awareness.

>I do not see the problems you speak of with Instinctive eating as having
>anything to do with Instinctive eating.

Of course, you don't. Of course.

>Toxic minds are prone to false
>belief. May I suggest you read all my articles and the Testimonals
>before you decide whose brain is still toxic, yours or mine?

Sheesh, Ellie, you are sounding awfully juvunile here. Testimonials?
:(

>And if you
>wish to attack Aajonus please study some physiology. I do not support
>his entire approach, but his evidence for the need for more fat is
>valid. If you wish to attack my theory please educate yourself first in
>neurophysiology. Hope you will read the Endorsements on:
>
>http://home.earthlink.net/~clearpathway/teste.html

Endorsements? Is this what it has come down to for you? I have seen
you
become somewhat taken with yourself over the last couple years,
thinking
you are so pure as to be beyond any self-reproach, falling into the
fight-against-the-evil-monopolies trap, and now getting all worked up
because I mention some counter-examples to instinct health. There are
counter-examples to your toxic mind theory as well. You, like all
honest
scientists, could learn much from these counter-examples. Instead you
appear to switch back and forth between your two pet ideas (instincto
and
toxic mind) using each one as justification of the other, and further
using
any non-examples as justification as well. Must be a pretty tidy place
in
your toxin-free mind with the world mapped out so tightly that there
is no
room for any bad feelings or uncertainty. The enemies are known. The
good
guys vs the bad guys and lucky you being on the right side.

You can have the last word, Ellie. I am clearly too toxic to keep up
this
dialogye when there is so little to say...

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft