RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Geddes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:38:40 -0500
hi all!  i have just learned that eating all raw food is possible and have
been overwhelmed with how "right" it sounds.  i however am still getting
used to the idea and trying to figure out how to incorporate this wonderful
information into my life and more importantly, my children's lives.  i have
read some of the archives and am left with these questions:

1.  sunlight has antibacterial properties.  could this have been used even
before fire was discovered to kill bacteria?  (meaning people would dry
their meat in the sunlight)  or did they not have to worry about bacteria
like we do present day?

2.  i live in the suburbs where grass is chemically treated and buildings
are constantly going up.  is it possible for me to eat raw foods safely?  i
assume that my body is so used to not dealing with the bacterias that it may
not be able to handle it well if i start eating  more raw food.  my husband
hunts, but i wouldn't even trust the meat of his kill because of the diet of
the animal.

3.  how do you eat raw fish safely?

4.  does drying meat kill any bacteria?

5.  am i overly paranoid about bacteria?! : )

sorry so many questions but i just can't get it out of my mind.  any
help/information is greatly appreciated.  thank you!

betsy (with family marc, ellie, and thor)