RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 19:18:48 -0500
Hi all, someone here on the list has written me saying that they are
receiving my Veg-Raw posts as humongous one-line-long paragraphs that don't
word wrap. I've never been told this before, and I'm getting back my own
posts from the Veg-Raw list perfectly formatted like one would expect.
Could those of you interested in these sorts of formatting problems send me
private email telling me which way you are receiving my posts? I would
appreciate it.

I notice that posts I receive from various other people on the net behave
differently with regard to word wrap: some seem to have hard returns
built-in to the paragraph formatting and won't wrap by changing the size of
the window (unless I make it smaller the line length in the original post.

I am on the Mac these days using Eudora for email and there is a
preferences checkbox to set "word wrap" for outgoing mail. I used to be on
the PC some years ago, and don't remember anymore how the program I was
using there handled this. But with Eudora, I have experimented both with
checking the "word wrap" preference box vs. leaving it unchecked and sent
tests posts to myself to see what is going on. But in both cases I get
posts back that automatically fit themselves by word wrapping to the
whatever size of message window I open.

Recently, all my posts have been sent out with the "word wrap" checkbox
left unchecked; however, for comparison's sake, this particular post is
being sent out with the box *checked*. If you are out there reading this
and notice a different from previous posts, would you please reply and tell
me what you notice different? Thank you--muchas appreciadas.

--Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]> Wichita, KS

P.S. The person who told me they are receiving my posts as one-line-long
paragraphs is using Agent 99 on Windows, if that makes any difference.