RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 23:26:42 -0700
>I think someone on this list said that they eat fish in the wild
>(crill?) but that the farmed salmon is primarily grain-fed. Does
>anyone know for sure?

wild salmons are carnivorous , the shrimps that they eat give them
that red
color. Farmed fish eat pellets ( don't bother figuring out the
composition
they rarelly give it (too much crapp to be proud of). grain and by
product
of oil industry is most likely to be present like in all pellets fed
farmed animals. They might give them too , here in BC the heads and
skin of
the shrimps that are send by the ton to cooking  factories  in
washington
state . I will try to get the exact information from the salmon farm
closed
by. What was the price of this wild salmon that you got? here it is
between
5 and 12 canadian dollar depending on the species. Just interested by
the
insanity of the present food distribution system that makes , for
example,
bought newzealand apples , cheaper than to pay somebody to harvest the
ones
hanging in the trees here.
jean-claude