RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:08:44 -0600
Kirt:

> Aged meat is not rotted as ripe fruit is not rotted. You seem to be quite
> an expert on RAF and heaven but also seem to have little experience in
> either.

I have no desire to become an "expert" (an ex-pert) on rotted animal
flesh (RAF)... ;)

> >Consciousness is superior to matter.
>
> What does it mean? Something like the old Kung Fu series? Stand in front of
> a semi doing 65 mph and we'll see which is "superior". ;)

Since our thoughts direct our actions, I doubt any sane individual would
put themselves in front of "a semi doing 65 mph".

I take it you don't understand this subject too well. There are some
good books on this subject. Deepak Chopra's "Ageless Body, Timeless
Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old" would be a good start.

When you think you perform biochemistry. For example, tears of joy have
a different chemical composition from tears of sadness.

Our thoughts are powerful and influence every aspect of our lives,
including the health of our physical body.

> Bottom line: it's crazy to _believe_

We ALL have MANY beliefs. Just the fact you "believe" that you are in
front of a computer screen reading these words, that you BELIEVE were
written by me, whom you BELIEVE to be a male who you BELIEVE to eat raw
foods, etc.. These are all beliefs. We all have many beliefs. So are we
ALL CRAZY?

Is it crazy for you to BELIEVE that raw food is healthier than bread?
And what about your BELIEF that raw fish (or whatever) is good or
necessary for you to eat?

> Bottom line: your bottom line is a "given" to you, not something that you
> arrive at after careful thought. In other words you use your thought to
> justify what you believe in the first place. A circular logic which admits
> no room for contrary information, contrary experience, or contrary
> "reality".

I have arrived at this bottom line (no need for cooked food for me)
after a LOT of careful thought. I didn't just assume it and say "COOKED
FOOD IS POISON". I came to this conclusion after much thought,
experimentation, and study. Ultimately my own body made the decision for
me. Cooked food lost all appeal to me in many ways. Is that hard for you
to BELIEVE?

Wes