RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:46:56 -0400
We eat both. We buy whatever is on sale. Since it's 1/2 of one, six a
dozen of the other, just eat both. My husband hunts, so we also eat as
much wild game as we can. You might be able to find a small farmer near
you who raises pastured animals. Or you might find a hunter, if there
are rural areas near you, who gets a lot of meat and sells some of it.
We also eat supermarket meat, if we're broke or if it's really good
stuff and cheap. Our supermarket often gets New Zealand lamb, which is
pastured, and it doesn't move quick enough so it gets waaaay marked
down. In Boston in the regular supermarket you can get ox, rabbit, wild
boar, kangaroo, ostrich, local venison, partridge testicles of every
kind of animal, hearts, kidneys, organs of lots of guys, lots of other
meat. Look around, you'll find good meat if you do some digging.
Love Liza