RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 02:39:07 GMT
I got a big surprise several days ago when I smelt an apple: I couldn't
believe its musty, strange smell.  Almost all apples smell like this to me
at the moment.  The first time, I was so sure that "it would do me good"
that I ate it: the taste was quite weak compared with "normal apple" taste.
Since then I've had a case of flu/cold or suchlike.  Not too severe though
I'm still recovering.

The other surprise was last night: I had eaten some food, and after a little
while I was still feeling that I needed to eat something.  So I began eating
some bananas.  I thought as I went on eating "I should stop now", but
anyway... (they tasted good...).  Suddenly I noticed the next one had a
completely different (musty, unappealing) smell !  And they all did !!  Help !!!

;>)... Am I becoming an Instincto without formal decision ?  What fates
await me ??  What can I expect now ???  Will the CFP come and take me away
in the dark of the night ????

I stayed up late reading more of "Instinctive Nutrition" (am I really only
being influenced by suggestion, that its just a mind-game: is Tom right and
am I just a fruitcake pretending to be human?;).   Maybe all the info is in
the archives, but they take a bit of going thru.  This book I can reccommend
if you are interested in knowing the most about RF possibilities.  It covers
a lot of ground and is easy to read ( I don't get any reward from book sales
).
The part I read last night hit home (although I had heard this many times in
different ways, I suddenly realised what it meant - experience is a great
teacher !), I quote:
      "Anopsotherapy is based on the discovery that when a human being eats
any food
_in_its_original_state_,_its_taste_changes_at_some_point_from_pleasant_to_un
pleasant_.  This means that when the organism has filled its need for that
particular food, it no longer wants any more (even though it may still be
hungry).  However, this mechanism functions only with foods that have not
been denatured in any way, and only when eaten in isolation, ie unmixed with
others, unseasoned.  The phenomenon does not occur with foods that have been
frozen, cooked, chopped, ground, etc, or with extracts such as juices or
oils.  In nature, what an animal _wants_ is one and the same as what it
_needs_. Consequently, when dealing with foods whose structure evolved
concurrently over millions of years with our own, our genetically determined
senses of smell and taste should tell us not only _what_ we need, but also
_how_much_.  And indeed it is so. "
  - emphasis as expressed by the author.

Oh, I found the Anopso info web site address( for those that don't already
have it):
       http://www.umontreal.ca/~gaumondp/anopsology/

If it were not for my taste-change experiences, I would still be considering
Anopso as a bit crackpot.
Now I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the crackpot ;>)  But actually, if Anopso
is as good as its claimed to be, I look forward to an improvement in health
to at least an order of magnitude.

Am I being realistic?
(Oh, BTW, Tom - your post has enabled me to redefine my goal:  now I would
be satisfied with 99.9%Raw, "perfection is unattainable" or "to be imperfect
is perfectly satisfactory".  With the 0.1% I feel that I need to choose my
cooked _very_carefully_ so that I can get the most benefit from it (whether
enjoyment or nourishment, social acceptance, etc).  Right at the moment I
can't think of anything that attracts me cooked...

regards,
Lynton

CFP="Cooked Food Police"