RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 10:13:16 -0400
> thanks for the suggestions. he avoids wheat. although buckwheat, is that
> wheat? he also tried spelt which was okay for a while. he likes beans
> best. he grew up in the south west.

Buckwheat is a cereal grass, not wheat or grain. Except for sprouted
wheatberries sometimes I don't eat any wheat myself.

> He used buy ginger extract and squirt that in his mouth. but
> we discovered, just peeling and cutting up raw ginger into tiny pieces
> works best. he carries it around in a baggy. it's like popping tums. how
> he can eat it raw like that, is beyond me, but he does and it works and
> it's easy and cheap and he gets much less symptoms than he used to.

Its amazing what you can get used to when you find something that
works.
People often tell me they could never do what I do.

> I was lucky to have a mother that understood about healthy eating. She was
> not the perfect mom by any means, but I did learn alot of good food habits
> from her and salads (with oil/lemon juice and garlic dressing) have always
> been my staple in life.

My mom is wonderful, but like me it was just lack of knowledge about
what a
good diet is. Actually our family did have a garden some years and
some
fresh vegetables and salads growing up, and some ok protein foods,
mixed in
with the other stuff, so out diets were actually a lot less worse than
many
others (including my brother's family, the result being my 9 year old
nephew
having some developmental problems). It was enough to give me a pretty
good
brain despite a bit of a frail body. Partly because of what they have
seen
with me, mom and dads diet is much better than most folks their age,
and I
think it is keeping them going pretty well as they reach 70.

Paul