RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Jöst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 11:56:55 +0100
Hi Marilyn,

you wrote:
>There is nothing toxic or deadly [well, to me - I do horribly on
>grains, legumes and fruits.

Agreed as long as they are organic produce.

>My brother and I spent a fair amount of
>time flaking out in wheat, oat, barley and corn fields avoiding
>chores and nibbling the grains straight from the plant. Heck, I
>still like to hold certain dried grains and legumes in my mouth
>until the saliva rehydrates them so I can chew on them.

Very interesting. I found that it takes me hours to peel the hull
from grains for eating a moderate amount. Also I seem to belong
to the hunter-type of genetic makeup who doesn't need grains - they
are tasteless to me.

Can you estimate the amounts (weight) of grains you consume
weekly by foraging in the fields?

Best raw regards,

Stefan