Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Mayer SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:34:59 -0700
I have XP on a laptop with one hard drive and a DVD drive. The hard
drive is a replacement and has only one partition. When I installed the
OS on the brand new (empty) drive, the OS assigned the letter G to the
hard drive and letter D to the DVD drive. Since everything installed and
worked, I did not notice that the hard drive designation was not C and I
installed a number of programs without any problems. Only until one of
my Microsoft programs "could not find drive C" did I realize something
was out of the ordinary. However, since the laptop is not a critical
machine for me, it is not worth the effort to correct the situation so I
have been using it for several years with a drive G designation rather
than C without any problems except installing that one program. An older
version of the program does install but not later versions. I do not
even remember what program it is.

Tom

On 6/14/2011 7:46 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2011/06/14 02:00 (GMT-0400) Peter Ekkerman composed:
>
>> You can change the drive letter on the CD/VDD drive and put it late
>> in the
>> alphabet soup ,like W. (via Disk Management)
>
> I always make mine R:, for cd-Rom, dvd-Rom, bluray-Rom
>
>> The only way to resolve it is to re-install the OS-   Of course after
>> you
>> have changed the drive letter for the CD/DVD drive.
>
> I've not tried with Vista or W7 yet, but other Win versions from 95 up
> always assign C: to a primary partition, the boot partition. When
> installing the operating system to a logical partition, the installer
> always assigns some other letter of its choice based upon the location
> of other existing partition types it recognizes. I normally arrange
> mine so that the first it finds is also the install target, which
> results in a D: assignment for the operating system.
>
> For his to have been assigned H: means there must have been other
> recognizable partitions (e.g. types B, 7, C or 6) closer to the front
> of the drive than the installation target.

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>