Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:34:51 -0700
 >1) How do I remove windows-2000 without losing the 98? I tried
 > several

You don't specify your existing partitions so I am going to assume that you
have Win98 installed on your C drive ( Primary Active Boot Partition) and
Win2000 installed on some other partition.

First  Boot from  a Windows 98 floppy .....make a path to your command
directory by typing

Path=C\windows\command

Format or remove your Windows 2000 partition.

Next look on your boot = C partition for these files..they may be hidden.

Pagefile.sys
Boot.ini
Ntldr
Ntdetect.com >>> this one may or may not be there
Ntbootdd.sys >>> this one will only be there if you have a SCSI Host
Adapter installed....

Use attrib to remove any protection and then delete them. For Example
Attrib -s -h -r   C:\Boot.ini
del boot.ini

Next sys your C drive from your boot floppy.

a:
sys c:

This will replace the Windows 2000 Boot sector with the MS-DOS Boot sector

Win2000 is now completely removed and you should be able to boot directly
into Windows

 >  2) Can XP be installed "together" with 98 (like 2000) or I'll have
 >  to use a 3rd-party boot manager?

XP should be able to handle a multi boot but for anything more then two
operating systems... WinNT or 2000 and Win9X .... I prefer to use a third
party boot manager. My preference is for System Commander or Boot Magic.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml