Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:25:33 -0800
Bill,

This issue was just covered a week ago and may help solve your problem - here is the original message,
followed by excerpts from several list member's replies...

Al Thompson
--------------
Max wrote: (Original message)
Subject: [PCSOFT] "Moving" Desktop Icons

Looks like I may have a virus...

   When I try to click on a desktop icon, they all start to move around!
   You can chase them all around the screen without landing on them! Virus
   scan is coming up with nothing.

Alan Hodges wrote:

You almost certainly have one of the Magistr group of viruses. Below I have
copied a paragraph from the Symantec site.

If the computer has been infected for two months, then on odd days the
desktop icons are repositioned whenever the mouse pointer approaches, giving
the impression that the icons are "running away" from the mouse:

Have a look here:
[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]

Al Thompson wrote:

You might also want to run a free online virus scan since your VS program doesn't seem to have caught it.
http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_pcc.asp

Nick wrote:

Assuming that your antivirus is up to date, you may have a prank type
program. A friend of mine had this symptom after receiving and running a
suspicious email from another friend. I found that his machine had a file
named sleeping.exe on it and it was running upon startup. I disabled it in
the windows 98 system configuration utility. I never did find any info on
it. Its been months and no 'payload' has been released. Be aware, as
mentioned by another, that the moving icons is also a symptom of a more
serious virus of the Magistr type. So make sure you have the latest
protection. No evidence of that virus on the particular machine I worked on.
Also some prank type programs are 'nicer' and might put an icon in your tray
or possibly stop when you hit the esc key. You will find lots of info on
prank type programs if you do an internet search for 'prank software' or
something similar.

Goran wrote:

What antivirus du you have?
Make sure it is updated.