Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:58:31 -0500
Everything Ian said will work, except that he is loading the setup files and
not the working windows folder for win98.  I don't think you can accomplish
what you want to do using xcopy, because in my experience the dos version of
xcopy does not do the same things that the 32 bit windows version does.  I
don't get exactly the same results if I run xcopy from dos, as I do when I
run xcopy from a dos box in windows.

To do what you want, I have always installed a hard drive that was
previously partitioned and formatted, as a 2nd drive in a running, healthy
windows pc.  I then open a dos box and run the command

xcopy e: f: /r /i /c /h /k /e /y  which is a nice way to remember the
switches.

I don't try to partition and format the drive while it is the 2nd in a pc,
because of the problem that only one primary partition can exist in a
windows pc.  This makes it more difficult to make the new drive bootable.
Easier to have it already partitioned and formated by the pc where it will
be permanently installed.
Tom Turak

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Williams [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 1:42 AM

I am trying to copy  a cd containing a ghost image of win 98 onto a
formatted
 hard drive. The cd also contains boot information and is able to boot into
dos.
After entering dos I switch the A:\ drive to E:\ drive and attempt to copy
the cd
to the hard drive using xcopy.
 It shows E:\> xcopy e:\ [C:\] [/S] [/H] [/K] but it doesn't work.
Unfortunately, I am short on dos, as you can see.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml