Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Barbara Buehring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:07:58 -0500
For obvious reasons I'm sending this on behalf of a friend.  Does
anyone have any ideas of what could be causing the problem?  Our ISP,
Erol's, has said they haven't changed anything that could cause this
problem.  Thank you for your help!  His problem is as follows:

I haven't been able to send any emails longer than about 9 lines since
Thursday night a week ago, the 9th.  Tonight even 7 lines didn't work.
This is wfworkgroups 3.1.  I can retrieve and post to newsgroups,
browse the web and download files, and retrieve my email. I just can't
send it. I don't believe I have made any changes to anything
significant.

I have tried Netscape 4, Free Agent 1.21 and EudoraLight 3.06.  All
time out, but Free Agent gives a message 10054 which I think is a
winsock message??

The only thing all three of these programs have in common is
winsock.dll and the files in the dialer subdirectory, and Erols.
Has anything changed regarding the winsock or the dialer since 1995??
Is anyone who uses Erols, or RCN or Starpower having trouble using 3.1
to send email?  Alternatively, do you have files that are newer than
mine below?

I have copied winsock.dll from my backup hard disk to my working
directory. I also have more than one copy of the dialer etc. and
neither works. And it bothers me that all the file dates are from
1995.  From Shiva and NTS distributed by Netscape.  Should I have a
new copy of:

winsock.dll      26644    6/22/95
.sr file     was   285    8/31/95 default.sr
shivappp.ini      ~585
dialer.exe      223504   10/12/95
connapi.dll     137456    9/01/95
nas.dll           9008    6/06/95
protocol or        347   10/07/94
services.         1791   10/07/94

A maximum of 8 files involved.  It seems to me it is one of these
files that is the problem, and Erols may must have changed something a
week ago December 9th that they haven't told their helpdesk about.

If anyone understands the parms like ConnectionFile, that would help
me too.  Two of my versions of the dialer work, but the other four
versions give a message something like "Needs connection file".  The
shivappp.ini file in each case has a ConnectionFile parm that points
to isp.sr and every directory has a file named that, identical except
for call waiting yes or no.

Please help!

Sent by Barbara Buehring

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]