Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 09:56:13 -0600
Hello Emie,

I had the same problem, it turned out to be my router (hardware firewall).
Connect you DSL modem directly to the computer (temporarily) and try it only
using a software firewall, or no firewall, long enough to get the updates.

Sven Swanson, Sr.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emie" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 10:21 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Windows Update Inoperational

Working on a WinXP Home System with SP1a.  When trying to access Windows
Update it goes to the Update screen without any problem.  Clicking on the
'Scan For Update' however, only gets a system hang and several attempts
proved unsuccessful.  A check on 'Windows Task Manager' (Ctrl-Alt-Del) gave
me a status "Micro$oft Windows Update Not Responding."  Had no choice but to
go to support.micro$oft.com website to manually & selectively download the
necessary Critical and Security Updates.  A search on the M$'s knowledge
Base webpage relating to this problem didn't produce any result (or could
have I missed it?).

Has anyone on the List experienced this problem before?  Can someone share
with me the fix to this problem?  Any info will be greatly appreciated.
P4-2.8GHz, Windows XP Home, 120Gig HD, 3GB DDR, 256MB Radeon 2800XT AGP,  on
ASUS P4S8X-X  mobo.

TIA
Emie DelRosario

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: