Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:06:05 -0600
Hi Bob,

My first impression is that you have a bad/corrupt installation. I suggest
you uninstall AVG from Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel, restart the
computer, close all open programs, and reinstall. By default, it adds
entries to the Star Menu and starts when Windows starts. As part of the
installation you have the opportunity to, among other things, get the latest
update. I suggest you skip these steps until installation is complete. It
should NOT do a complete test as part if the installation.

I'm not aware of, and have never heard of, a "Luke Firewalker" screen. I
assume from your description you're referring to the "Test is Running"
window that you see when a test is in progress. The only option you have on
that window is to cancel the test. The "tennis racket image" is not a
clickable scan button. The shortcut, that you should not have had to create,
is pointing somewhere other than "avgw.exe", probably to the "bootup.exe".
AVG does the boot scan when Windows starts and there's no visible indication
of this unless it finds something.

With the recent virus activity and subsequent frequency of updates, I
suggest you manually check for updates daily first thing after the computer
starts for the day and always prior to the running any test. Bring up the
AVG Control Center from the Start Menu or double click the icon in the
System Tray and click the Update Manager tab. Then click the "Update Now!"
button.

To manually run a complete test (the entire system) or a removable media
test (floppy, CD, etc.), right click the AVG icon in the System Tray, where
the clock is, and select "Run AVG Anti-Virus". It's also a good idea to run
a complete test after an update.

I hope this has been helpful.

Sven Swanson, Sr.