Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Michael McGuinness <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:42:46 -0400
Open My Computer.  Doubleclick on the C: drive icon (if that is the drive your CD
uses to open the program for CD playback).  Click on View Folder Options File
Types – type CD (after you hit the letter C, you will probably see the choice in
the box change to CD Audio Track) – Here you will see what program is currently
opening your CD audio tracks, it is probably the program you deleted.  Click on
the Edit tab, click on the Edit tab again, you will see a rectangular box
“Application used to perform action:”.  Here is where you will change back to the
default program (or any other you may choose).  Win98 uses cdplayer.exe to perform
this function. Unless you have changed the location of your program files,
cdplayer.exe path is probably located in the root of C in the windows directory,
either browse to this directory and choose the cdplayer icon, or type the path to
it in the rectangular box, it will be  C:\WINDOWS\cdplayer.exe –play     when you
choose ok Cdplayer should now be the default program Windows uses to open CD audio
files upon insertion to the CD-ROM drive.  Now close out all the open dialog
boxes. Hope this helps.

Harsha Godavari wrote:

> I have P-120 system with a cdrom drive and a cd-burner. The OS is WIN98SE.
>
> Somebody recommended AV's Sonic Burner to do some tape to CD burning. So I
> downloaded the software and installed  AltaVista's Sonic Burner. Then I
> discovered that it is one of the spywares! So I promptly deleted it.
>
> Today when I inserted an audio cd into the drive, I received the message, "
> C:\Sonic burner.exe cannot be found. Required to open Audiocd files". My cdrom
> drive used play music happily until this adventure with sonic burner.
>
> Apparently Sonic Burner is some how latched on to my cdplayer. How do I get
> rid of this and get my CD Drive to play audio cds without this ?  Thanks for
> your help
>
>       "Hold No Punches.." Rode brings you great shareware/freeware
>         programs with his honest opinions in this weekly column.
>                          http://nospin.com/rode

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html