Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:23:15 -0500
A couple of suggestions:

First copy the file to another location so that an EOF will be generated,
and then try to open.  If that doesn't work (probably won't), then see if
your Normal.dot template is corrupted. To do this rename your "normal.dot"
template to normal.old.  You can go to Start-Find to locate it on your PC.
Then try to open the document.  Word will rebuild your Normal.dot template
to the default one.  You will loose your customizations to Word so you will
have to re-do your tool bars and other customizations if the template is
bad.  If that is not the problem, you can restore your old Normal.dot
template by deleting the new one created and renaming the Normal.old back
to Normal.dot.  I've had a bad template affect only one document where some
small item in the template was used by the doc and not by other documents.

Doug Simmons

----- Original Message -----
From: Ashok Bhiman <[log in to unmask]>

> I have a file in MS Word 97 which seems to be corrupt. When I open the
file, it loads and then the program hangs and stops responding. I have to
"Close Down" MS Word. The file contains 52 pages which is correctly shown
at the bottom. All the while the HDD activity continues as if the program
is trying to load the file. I get the impression that ther is no EOF
character and the MS Word program is unable to tell when the file has been
loaded. Any help would be appreciated.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml