Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:26:37 -0500
Typically, faxes send .TIF files, which don't have a strong universally
accepted standard format, so some fax software may not recognize the
scanners image file as a faxable document, even if you save it as a .TIF
The workaround is to insert the scanner image into an MS Word document, for
instance, then print it to the fax device, which will convert the entire
word document, including the image, to a fax document.  While you won't get
the best resolution of the images this way, the fax software's special
printer driver, 'print to fax', is the easiest way to convert any image to a
fax.  Whatever file format you save the scanned image as, you can use the
appropriate image editor, like MS Paint for .BMP files, to 'print to fax' as
well.
Tom Turak

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Ralph [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 3:18 PM

I have purchased a cheap, no features Memorex flatbed scanner as a learning
experience.  I would like to be able to use the scanner to scan documents
to be able to be sent via Fax to recipients with a simple fax machine as
well as to start learning how to manipulate images for insertion into
documents or as attachments to email.  The software that came with the
scanner, as well as software I have from previous modem purchases, is of
the "light" or "teaser" variety which does not allow for scanning and then
use of the image for fax purposes.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml