Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 07:27:02 -0600
At 09:48 PM 4/28/98 -0400, Kenneth V. Vickery wrote:
>Here is a strange one for you:
>
>After turning off my Pentium 233MMX with the Win95 blue screen of "wait
>while..." still showing (after a couple of minutes I just got tired of
>waiting for it to give me the "okay to turn off..."), I rebooted and
>Nortons ran its check and everything worked well.  However, when I shut
>down a second time I got the usual "wait while..." and then it gave me
>the "okay to turn off..." amber screen BUT ALSO WRITTEN ON THE SCREEN IN
>LARGE THIN LETTERS WAS: C:\>   It appears as part of the screen but the
>letters are almost a phantom but very enlarged on the right upper
>quadrant of the screen.  (The dot of each colon shows up as four pixels
>in a "square" spaced about 3/16" apart.)  It seems to cause no problem.
>Any idea on how to get rid of the "ghost"?

Although I have never seen the problem you are reporting, my best
guess would be that you have some minor corruption of your video
driver.  I would reinstall the video driver and see if the problem does
not disappear.  The driver seems to be setting your video card into
a poorly recognized state when it releases it for Dos mode.

This is issue with a long wait for shut down in Win95 is oft times caused
by Windows95 attempting to clean out the "temp" directory at shut down
time.  Win95 will only attempt to delete temp files opened in each session
and those not removed in that session will stay in your "temp" directory.
You should check your  C:\Windows\temp  directory and delete any
files found in that directory.   Any file found in this directory can be
safely deleted.

BOB WRIGHT  -   [log in to unmask]  - http://nospin.com
Owner   PCBUILD - PCSOFT - VPLANETS - PCBLDFAQ