Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
kathy schrieber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:56:00 -0400
I have an old laptop-Dell Latitude CPX, I bought it used and it has win xp on it, but a sticker says "designed for win 98" so I guess it is pretty old.  It has been running ok until I got DSL internet.  I tried to load the security software from the ISP home page and the computer was soooooo slow-it was taking me 10 minutes to open control panel.  It stopped responding all together, the start button and all icons disappeared.  I turned it off to reboot it up, I was going to a restore point or re-format back to the win 98 disc-anything.  But it won't reboot- I get a blue screen that says"  unmountable_boot_volume"  "stop:  oxooooooed (0x810f8030, ocx0000000  well you get the idea.  If I try to load hitting F8 and choosing set-up I get set-up cannot load the keyboard layout file KBDUS,DLL.  It won't boot from the CD (I tried a recovery disk).  I can't get to safe mode or a command prompt.  From searching the internet it seems to be a crashed hard drive ? I want to know if there is anyway I can get it to boot from the CD drive?  When booting up I tried holding down esc, delete F2, nothing seems to get me to a prompt or any choices that work, I tried them all.  Any ideas or is it dead?  Thanks a lot.  It is my backup computer for travel-not a great loss but I would like to try to fix it.  Thanks and sorry for the length of this.

Schrieber
600 Madam Moore Ln.
New Bern, NC 28562
252-633-0159