Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 11:46:17 -0800
On  3 Jul 98 at 7:23, JAB wrote:

>    You know when you get those requesters that pop-up on various
> programs with a choice of either "Yes" or "No" and one of them is
> 'highlighted' - I was wondering if there is a way to 'switch' that
> default highlight to the other setting.

  The vast majority of these pop-ups go through the Windows
"MessageBox" API.  A flag in one of the parameters to that API
specifies which button is the default.
  The result is that in general, this setting appears as a couple of
"hard coded" bits buried in the code at the point where the pop-up is
invoked.  FINDING and changing these bits would be extremely
challenging.

  A friendly application *COULD* check some configuration option for
this, but most don't bother.

  Where there are other controls on the pop-up, besides the buttons
(such as a "Don't ask again" checkbox), the pop-up is more likely to
be defined in a dialog resource, and this is a bit easier to deal
with.
  In the Mac world, a tool called "ResEdit" is able to perform great
feats of magic.  Unfortunately, in the PC world, most "Resource
Editors" work only on the *source* form, and not on resources that
are bound into binaries.  The Whitewater Resource Toolkit (about
1992) could handle resources in Win16 binaries, but I don't know
of a tool that could edit resources in a Win32 binary.  That's what
it would take to do what you ask.

David G