Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:28:13 EST
In a message dated 1/14/99 3:12:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I just installed a 3 PC Win98 network and am having communications
>  problems with one of the machines.  All three PCs have NETBEUI attached to
>  the 10/100 base T NIC.  The machine with problems is a real basic plain
>  vanilla PC.  K6-2/333 with 128M ram, 8Gig drive, ATI video card, and an
>  NIC.
>
>  pc-A and pc-B can see each other just fine.
>  They can share each other's printers and files with no problems.
>
>  pc-C is the problem child.  It can see both pc-A and pc-B and can access
>  their resources, but they can not see it. I have deleted and reinstalled
>  the NIC --  and the protocol -- and turned sharing off and on several
>  times -- and have triple checked the spelling of the workgroup's name
>  (it's the default WORKGROUP)
>
>  The network neighborhood only lists the other two PCs but not itself.
>
>  Any ideas why a pc can see the network but hide itself?

My opinon is this is a Win98 network problem.  I st saw this after moving to
Win98 with my network. I have a similar setup with 3 peer to peer PCs, and
have experienced the same types of failures, random in nature, and picking on
different PCs at any given time.  The fix usually involves removing the
protocol and reinstalling it.  Usually the connections all come back.  I've
had it where one PC can the other two OK, but they can't see it. Or in another
failing situation, PC#1 can see #2 & #3, PC#2 can see #1 & #3, BUT PC#3 can
only see #1.  Since it works OK for a while, with no changes made, then one of
the PCs fails as above. There is no logic to this other than Win98 network.
I'm open to thoughts.
Mike Hayes

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>