Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:45:35 -0400
Have you checked for Macro viruses?  These can be launched when Word is
started and using the Normal.dot template if the Macro is attached to the
template.  That may explain why you can delete the Normal.dot file and
start normally, since Word creates a new Normal template when there is
none.  The macro may be attaching to Normal on re-boot from one of the
startup programs.

and again I may be completely off base!

Doug

At 10/20/2003 01:13 AM, l.nave wrote:

>I have a Gateway 700XL computer with Windows XP Home Edition with Microsoft
>Office XP Small Business that includes Word. I have not used Word since I
>purchased the computer as my old system I used for a Word processor. Last
>month I thought I would check Word on my new system. It started out glitchy.
>I contacted Gateway support as the error message said "Word had to be closed
>down".
>They first had me repair Microsoft Office XP Small Business with no success.
>The next step was to remove a corrupted Template. So I removed Normal.dot
>template with limited results. It worked after I removed it but when I
>rebooted the system it was back to square one until I removed Normal.dot
>again. Gateway then had me remove Microsoft Office XP Small Business off my
>system and reinstall with no improvement. Now they want me to reinstall
>Windows XP and Microsoft Office .......????  It seems a lot of work and
>having to reprogram all my settings.
>Are there any other options or ideas?

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml